- Always buy fresh food last.
- Observe this rule whenever possible when you shop.
- Fresh food needs to be kept under controlled temperatures.
- Check the contents of your fridge weekly.
- De-frost your fridge every few weeks,
- refrigerated food needs to keep optimum temperature.
- Don’t mix different food items; some foods need to be frozen, while others only need to be kept cold.
- Not all products need to be in the fridge.
- Protect your produce from the environment by using cling film.
- While putting the shopping away, don’t overload the fridge.
- Give priority to dairy goodies, meat and fish; once they have been refrigerated,
you can add your soft drinks!
- Don’t leave your shopping bags in the car on a hot day, not ever!
- The temperature can soon reach over 60°C.
- Most products will lose threshold temperature and decay.
- Use a cooler or a cooling bag. Get one in the market if you forgot yours.
- Cooler bags will keep the integrity of your items and preserve the cold chain while you get home from the store.
Blueline is a brand new cold chain technology that, when applied to labels and packaging of food supplies, monitors the preservation temperature and cold chain supply of food from the moment of manufacture, through distribution and up to the point of sale.
Cold chain supplies of stock protected by Blueline are maintained under controlled temperatures because they are subjected to a stringent checks regarding the preservation and integrity of said products. This translates into only safe and high-quality merchandise reaching consumers’ hands.
Blueline gets everyone in the cold chain involved, from producers/manufacturers and intermediaries to retailers. The final consumer will enjoy this quality improvement thanks the accurate and time sensitive temperature monitoring that Blueline offers.
You can see Blueline smart labels on all fresh and frozen food products of manufacturers and food companies that have subscribed to our temp monitoring system in order to keep their temperature controlled merchandise well preserved and safe for the public to consume.